What does this week's T13 reveal about me? That I like trivia, numbers, games, and contests. Can you guess the popular or historic reference and/or meaning to each of the cryptic numbers below? An extra credit set for those who are more obsessed with numbers than I am! (No googling!)
(Update Noon: Answers in Parentheses)
1) 90125 (Yes album, 1983)
2) 8-6-7-5-3-0-9 (Jenny's # by Tommy Tutone 1981)
3) 666 (Mark of the Beast, well Damien works too)
4) 11.22.63 (Date of JFK's assasination)
5) 90210 (Beverly Hills, never watched it)
6) 007 (James Bond, Licensed to Kill)
7) 3.1415926... (Pi, the ratio of the circumference of a circle to its diameter)
8) 1, 1, 2, 3, 5, 8, 13, 21, 34, 55... (The Fibonacci Sequence)
9) 4 8 15 16 23 42 (Number is the TV Show LOST)
10) 101 (Lots of good answers so far; I was thinking "intro" course work)
11) 1984 (Van Halen's album, sure, but I had George Orwell in mind)
12) 9/11 (September 11, 2001)
13) 13 (Unlucky #, but only if you think it's unlucky!)
Extra Credit Set (okay, some letters thrown in too)
14) i (the square root of -1 is the imaginary number i)
15) 98.6 (approximate core body temperature of the average person)
16) - 273.15 degree Celsius (absolute zero or 0 kelvin, a hypothetical temperature characterized by a complete absence of heat energy)
17) 37-23-36 or 35-22-35 (Marily Monroe's measurements)
18) 221b (Sherlock Holme's address on Baker Street)
19) NCC-1701 (Starship Enterprise)
20) 10100 (a googol, a 1 with 100 zeros following it)
Here are some links to other T13s.
Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It's easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants
* Winners and answers announced later this week, if I remember.