What does this week's T13 reveal about me? That I like trivia, numbers, games, and contests. Can you guess the popular or historic reference and/or meaning to each of the cryptic numbers below? An extra credit set for those who are more obsessed with numbers than I am! (No googling!)
(Update Noon: Answers in Parentheses)
1) 90125 (Yes album, 1983)
2) 8-6-7-5-3-0-9 (Jenny's # by Tommy Tutone 1981)
3) 666 (Mark of the Beast, well Damien works too)
4) 11.22.63 (Date of JFK's assassination)
5) 90210 (Beverly Hills, never watched it)
6) 007 (James Bond, Licensed to Kill)
7) 3.1415926... (Pi, the ratio of the circumference of a circle to its diameter)
8) 1, 1, 2, 3, 5, 8, 13, 21, 34, 55... (The Fibonacci Sequence)
9) 4 8 15 16 23 42 (Number is the TV Show LOST)
10) 101 (Lots of good answers so far; I was thinking "intro" course work)
11) 1984 (Van Halen's album, sure, but I had George Orwell in mind)
12) 9/11 (September 11, 2001)
13) 13 (Unlucky #, but only if you think it's unlucky!)
Extra Credit Set (okay, some letters thrown in too)
14) i (the square root of -1 is the imaginary number i)
15) 98.6 (approximate core body temperature of the average person)
16) - 273.15 degree Celsius (absolute zero or 0 kelvin, a hypothetical temperature characterized by a complete absence of heat energy)
17) 37-23-36 or 35-22-35 (Marily Monroe's measurements)
18) 221b (Sherlock Holme's address on Baker Street)
19) NCC-1701 (Starship Enterprise)
20) 10100 (a googol, a 1 with 100 zeros following it)
Thanks for stopping by!
(via PayPal.Me - an e-book from Tule Fog Press.)
This blog is reader supported. Thank you for your support!
Or, accept a free ebook when you subscribe to my monthly newsletter!
LOL I only know a couple...ReplyDelete
#5) BH 90210
#6) James Bond
#12) Twin Towers
#14) Roman numeral?
#15) Radio station?
That's it for me. Happy Thursday!
OK I'll have a go at it ...ReplyDelete
1) 90125 - i'd have to look it up
2) 8-6-7-5-3-0-9 - Jenny's number
3) 666 - oh so you like The Omen?
4) 11.22.63 - JFK assassination
5) 90210 - Why Bevery Hills 90210 of course
6) 007 - Bond, James Bond
7) 3.1415926 - pi, the number that never ends
8) 1, 1, 2, 3, 5, 8, 13, 21, 34, 55 - the Fibonacci sequence -
9) 4 8 15 16 23 42 - no idea
10) 101 - ummm Dalmations?
11) 1984 - Jame Orwell novel
12) 9/11 - September 11th
13) 13 - I'm Guessing the Friday the 13th horror movies
Extra Credit Set (okay, some letters thrown in too)
14) i (the letter i if you can't read it) - the number 1 in roman numerals
15) 98.6 - normal human body temperature
16) - 273.15 would have to look it up
17) 37-23-36 or 35-22-35 - Barbie's measurements?
18) 221b - no idea
19) NCC-1701 - Star Trek enterprise
Looks like mama kelly figured most of them out..^5ReplyDelete
I think I knew about 7.
My TT is up
Looks like Mama Kelly beat us all to it! I'm thinking that -273.15 is absolute zero (as in O Kelvins). I should know that after all the chemistry I've studied. If I got it wrong, well, how embarrassing for me :D LOLReplyDelete
And #20 is Google
Hmmm... I recognize a few...but #5 on top of being a tv show from the 90's adds up to 13... and #8 was in the daVinci code... each of the previous 2 numbers add up to the next. Not too good with numbers!!! I am one who does like the number 13 though!!ReplyDelete
I bet you loved the Da Vinci Code. Thanks for visiting my TT!ReplyDelete
Amen to # 14!ReplyDelete
My TT is up, too
I think I've been beaten to all the guesses, so I'll just say that even numbers rule and odd numbers drool! *g*ReplyDelete
1) your zip code? 5) Luke Perry, of course 6) Bond.James Bond 7) symbol for pi 11) famous book 12) WTC and Pentagon, United 93 and 13) Thursday Thirteen!ReplyDelete
Hi, what a great site. Am calling over from `The Queer Chef', best wishes, The ArtistReplyDelete
My T13 is Up with Original artwork. BTW 221b is Sherlock Holms address on Baker Street.ReplyDelete
Everyone beat me to the punch with the answers to the ones I knew but you did get my brain moving.ReplyDelete
only the ones i know.ReplyDelete
3. the devil
5. beverly hills
6 bond. james bond.
11. van halen
12. sad day
15. body temp
so do we get answers too? :)
I'm not nearly as good with numbers. Most of these I don't have a clue.ReplyDelete
#3 Mark of the beast
#5 Some TV show
#6 James Bond
#11 George Orwell's book
#12 Terrorist attack on America
#13 Traditional unlucky number
#15 Average normal body temperature
1. rock groupReplyDelete
2. Being a Jenny I sure DO know this number hehe
5. I still heart Brandon (TV series)
6. My name is Bond.. James Bond
8. every figure is the sum of the two previous
10. dalmatians or number 5 in binary code
12. Terrorist attack in USA
13. Either as the unlucky number or the number of items in a TT list or the number of that specific part of YOUR list.
14. i am? i=eye?
15. body temp
Happy Thursday! Your trying to fry my brain cells!ReplyDelete
Okay, I have to come back later when I'm more alert. Happy T13!ReplyDelete
You know...I like the number 17 and I have no idea why.ReplyDelete
My My Thursday Thirteen is up!
interesting. will you be posting the answers later?ReplyDelete
my 13 are up too at my new blog. woo!
What a mind you have Lyn! I only got about 5. My TT is up.ReplyDelete
Alright, I'll give this a go (before I read the other comments):ReplyDelete
1. Rock group
2. Call Jenny :)
3. Mark of the beast
5. Beverly Hills, babyee!
6. Bond, James Bond
8. Fibonacci Sequence?
11. George Orwell book
12. Terrorist attack date
13. Thursday 13 ?
14. The square root of -1 (imaginary number)
15. "normal" body temperature
16. 0 Kelvin
17. Barbie's measurements if she were real?
18. Sherlock Holmes' address on Baker St.
19. USS Enterprise
20. A trillion?
90125 - the Yes album by that nameReplyDelete
8675309 - That's Jenny's number!
666- The number on Damien's head
112263 - JFK Blown away, what else do I have to say?
90210 - What a show! Loved Marcia Cross in that.
007 - Bond, James Bond
3.14.... Gimme some PI, baby!
4 8 15, etc...LOST!! Let's let Locke type them in!
101 - Dalmations OR the length of some cigarette "a silly millimeter longer, 101" I recall from the 60's
1984 - Orwell or Van Halen!
9/11 - Almost 5 years ago now.
13 - unlucky!!
98.6 - so-called "normal" body temp
-273.15 - absolute zero, which always boggles my mind
35-22-35 - Marilyn's bod, I'm guessing. But at which point in life? Or maybe it's Barbie's real measurements.
221b - The home of one Sherlock Holmes, detective.
NCC-1701 - Captain Kirk's original Enterprise. Beam me up.
10 to the hundredth - How can I not googol it?
I had no idea. VERY interesting. ;)ReplyDelete
I think I got most of them! That was a lot of fun, and I'm usually terrible with numbers in general but that was such a neat 'mystery' that it sucked me in. Happy 13!ReplyDelete
I love it that when I come here, I get a challenge. I was too tempted this week to read the comments and see what everyone else wrote...looks like they did a good job!ReplyDelete
My TT is up!
Ok, I probably only know a handful of these, and I think most everyone else would know them too. I want to know when the correct answers will be posted!ReplyDelete
Great T13, loved it! Thanks for the challenge :)
Have a great day, mine is up too...
1) 90125 (I don't know)ReplyDelete
2) 8-6-7-5-3-0-9 (Jenny's number)
3) 666 (Luke's number)
4) 11.22.63 (I don't know)
5) 90210 (Beverly Hills)
6) 007 (Jimmy B's number)
7) 3.1415926 (I don't know)
8) 1, 1, 2, 3, 5, 8, 13, 21, 34, 55 (I don't know)
9) 4 8 15 16 23 42 (LOST?)
10) 101 (?)
11) 1984 (George Orwell)
12) 9/11 (nine eleven)
13) 13 (Thursday)
Cool TT! I played too. How many did I get right? Stacie
Darn, by the time I get here the answers are posted by others. Well, I got a few, but since I'm not a numbers person, I did pathetically bad :-(ReplyDelete
I always enjoy your lists! I learn a lot!
#11 The year I was born? hahaReplyDelete
~Anyway my TTs Up...kinda late...but up~
Fun list! Of all the lists I read, yours was the one that required the most thinking!ReplyDelete
Answers have now been posted. Thank you for participating! :-)ReplyDelete
while I appreciate your goal to get 100 comments, it's just too much work, and my job actually got busy, so I don't have time. (I've gotten 100 comments before, it took visiting more than 200 blogs.) I say you go for it! I'll cheer you on!ReplyDelete
Awesome TT, even if I came after the answers. Really Fun! I enjoy puzzles and numbers.ReplyDelete
Have a great Thursday!
Great list...I arrived after the answers.ReplyDelete
My TT is up here.
haha i could NEVER come up with that!ReplyDelete
i like the fibonacci sequence :)
Don't you know it's too late for an old person like me to play games? :)ReplyDelete
My TT is finally up! Slow today.