Here are the answers...
1. Blue Plate Special = The Daily Special (not left-overs!)
2. Graveyard Stew = Milk Toast, ie, buttered toast, sprinkled with sugar and cinnamon, and dropped into a bowl of warm milk. (My dad's favorite, btw. Also congrats to Skeezix who was the only one to know this - did you google it? :-)
3. Adam & Eve On a Raft = Two Poached Eggs on Toast
4. A Cowboy = Western/Denver Omelette
5. Short Stack = Two Pancakes (a stack is usually three)
6. A BLT = Bacon, Lettuce, Tomato Sandwich (I cut mine in four triangles)
7. Coney Island = Hot Dog (like they served at Coney Island!)
8. White Cow = Vanilla Milkshake
9. Eighty-six = The kitchen is out of the item ordered.
10. Sunny Side Up = The eggs are fried without flipping them, so the yolk looks just like a sun on white background.
11. Pigs in a Blanket = Ham Sandwich (although I thought it meant sausage links wrapped in a pancake, but hey, what do I know)
12. Put a hat on it. = Add Ice Cream 13. Soup Jockey = Waitress (source: American Diner Museum)
(via PayPal.Me - an e-book from Tule Fog Press.)
This blog is reader supported. Thank you for your support!
Woo hoo! And for my prize, I get ... a better explanation of Trackbacks, perhaps? I really need to learn how to use these suckers...ReplyDelete
Thanks for a fun TT this week. Come be the Peanut Gallery at West of Mars anytime!
Yay! I rock at diner lingo! :0) Thanks for posting a great TT! Have a great week!ReplyDelete