(I'll post the answers
1. Blue Plate Special
2. Graveyard Stew
3. Adam & Eve On a Raft
4. A Cowboy
5. Short Stack
6. A BLT
7. Coney Island
8. White Cow
10. Sunny Side Up
11. Pigs in a Blanket
12. Put a hat on it.
13. Soup Jockey
(via PayPal.Me - an e-book from Tule Fog Press.)
This blog is reader supported. Thank you for your support!
OK, I'm guessing here. Just because I've heard these things before doesn't mean I know what they mean. LOL!!ReplyDelete
1. a cheap special dish - take off on K-Mart's famous flue-light special
2. no clue
3. fruit tray?
4. no clue
5. pancakes - usually 2
6. bacon, lettuce & tomato sandwich
7. hotdog with onions, mustard, & (forgot the last item) only
8. no clue
9. no clue
10. eggs fried with the yolk "up"
11. link sausage wrapped in a pancake - one of my favorite dishes
12. no clue
13. no clue
special of the dayReplyDelete
eggs on toast?
bacon lettuce and tomato
stop, do not order
do not turn eggs over
sausage in a pancake (sarge's fav!)
soup of the day?
1. today's special?ReplyDelete
5. small order of pancakes
6. bacon, lettuce, tomato sandwich
9. out of that item
10. eggs cooked w/ yolk on top
11. sausage or hotdog in a biscuit
12. a bun?
Those are the only ones I even have a guess for!
2-the soup at the end of the day?
3-bacon and egg on toast
4-sunny side up?
5-a couple pancakes
6-bacon, lettuce and tomato
10-eggs up no flipping
11-pancakes and sausage
Thanks for stopping by.
Oops, I only know the BLT one: Bacon, Lettuce and Tomatoe!ReplyDelete
Thanx for stopping by my gadgets! :)
I haven't got a clue as to the meaning of any of them, but they sure do sound ...uhm ... lovely.ReplyDelete
Some of them less so than others, though.
I'm really curious now. :o)
4) Western omeletteReplyDelete
8) Vanilla milkshake
12)Serve a la mode (add ice cream)
Im not even going to try, I am horrible at this stuff. it was a great list to readReplyDelete
I know what #6 is. I like bacon! Lettuce and tomato, not so much.ReplyDelete
1.Based on K Mart SpecialReplyDelete
2.Whatever is left?? Who knows!
5. 3 pancakes?
6.Bacon,lettuce & tomato sandwich
10.Yellow side of egg showing
Thanks for visiting, Lyn.
Loved your little quip - "We have left-over graduation cake". :)
hmmm I know a BLT is a bacon lettuce tomato, I thought pigs in a blanket was a hot dog wrapped in crescent rolls, is a coney islan a hot dog with coney ( chili) sauce, ketchup, mustard, onion and relish? hmmmReplyDelete
i guess I dont know much!
Oh great. Start my morning out by sucking at a game. Although it does look fun. But I'm hopeless. Good TT list!ReplyDelete
Very clever post. Besides what everyone else has said, I know 86 means to kill or nullify.ReplyDelete
I'm coffee-deprived today, so I've just (attempted to) read the other answers. Maybe I can get back to you when I've had a few more cupsa joe...ReplyDelete
1. Something you buy at K-Mart.ReplyDelete
2. Zombie parts that have fallen off the zombie and been forgotten.
3. Rejects from a nudist colony
4. The Lone Ranger!
5. Tattoo from Fantasy Island.
6. That's too obvious to make fun of.
7. An okay amusement park, but it ain't Kennywood.
8. A Hereford that's missing its spots.
9. A nice number.
10. A rare day in Seattle.
11. A cold night on the farm.
12. You can stop talking now...
13. Someone who dreams of riding in the Preaknes this weekend.
Okay... sorry for the flip responses. Sort of. They were more fun than the usual "pancakes" and proper answers.
Happy TT! (I hope you'll come visit me again and not think I'm a total loon. I have my moments of lucidity!)
Susan, those were more fun! lolReplyDelete
Thanks everyone for dropping by so far. Will post the "real" answers later. lgp
Wow! I'm really restaurant UnSavvy. I think I know 2: BLT, no I don't. Is it balogna, lettuce and tomatoe? And Pigs in a Blanket is sausage in a pancake or a hot dog. Hehehee. Oh well.ReplyDelete
This comment has been removed by the author.ReplyDelete
1. Blue Plate Special-What ever people left on their plates...recycled?ReplyDelete
2. Graveyard Stew- all the unsold veges and meat put together at the end of the night
3. Adam & Eve On a Raft- eggs on toast?
4. A Cowboy-I KNOW this one! A western omelet
5. Short Stack- pancakes
6. A BLT- Bacon lettuce tomato sandwich
7. Coney Island- ice cream?
8. White Cow- milkshake
9. Eighty-six- don't have any
10. Sunny Side Up- eggs with nasty runny yolks
11. Pigs in a Blanket- hotdogs/weenies wrapped in breading
12. Put a hat on it- Bread on top
13. Soup Jockey- waitress
That was a great TT! :) Have a wonderful week!
1. K-mart specialReplyDelete
2. Is that like Mystery Meat? ;-)
3. no idea
4. no idea
5. some kind of deli meat sandwich?
6. bacon, lettuce and tomato
7. a corn dog
8. no idea
9. no idea
10. egg fried with the yolk up
11. link sausages in pancakes or breading
12. no idea
13. no idea
Fun TT! Thanks for visiting my blog! :)
Hmmm... let's see, I think I might actually know some of these.ReplyDelete
01. a cheap meal of meat, potoatoes and vegetables served on a plate.
03. no idea
04. a hamburger or sandwich?
05. a couple of Pancakes - a small order
06. Bacon, Lettuce, and Tomato sandwich
07. a hot dog
08. Vanilla milkshake
09. remove something from an order
10. A fried egg where the yoke is on top
11. something with ham or sausage and bread
12. a bun?
13. the server
Great interactive TT idea! Thanks for visiting my list. :-)
Okay, I skimmed past the others, no peeking!ReplyDelete
1. Blue Plate Special~Don't Know
2. Graveyard Stew-Don't know
3. Adam & Eve On a Raft~Don't know
4. A Cowboy~Don't Know
5. Short Stack~small number of pancakes
6. A BLT~Bacon Lettuce Tomato Sandwich
7. Coney Island~Hot dog with chili
8. White Cow~Don't know
9. Eighty-six~Cancel the order?
10. Sunny Side Up~ Egg fried only on one side
11. Pigs in a Blanket~hot dog cooked with bread dough around it
12. Put a hat on it~Top the sandwich?
13. Soup Jockey~Chef?
I pretty much think I suck at this, but I tried!
I waitressed for years, so I'm not answering out of fairness.ReplyDelete
Fun TT! and thanks for visiting mine.
My Food Lady helped me cuz she noze food!ReplyDelete
1. Daily speshul served at a speshul low price, uzhully at a cheep restrawnt. Bloo plate may refer to the orijinul bloo plate speshuls served on bloo Wedjewood China.
2. Milk toast - toasted bred sprinkled with sugar and cinnymun and dipt in hot milk/butter
3. 2 poached eggs on toast
4. Wstern (Denver) omlit
5. Order of pancakes (short stack is smaller than a regyuler order)
6. Bacon/Lettuce/Tomato sanwich
7. Hot Dog
8. Vanila Milkshake
9. Kitchen is out of a menu item
10. Fride, unflipped eggs
11. YUM!! A hamm sanwich
12. Add ice kreem
13. Waytress (Food Service Profeshunul)
Best change of soup order I ever heard: "Hold the chicken - make it pea."ReplyDelete
The only ones I know are 5,6,10 and 11!ReplyDelete
Thanks for dropping by my TT!
I know a couple of those, but since I'm still groggy from a week of hayfever I can't even attempt it.ReplyDelete
Great list though. Happy TT and thanks for dropping by mine.
Okay I'm lame. I know the sausages wrapped in a bread one...and eggs...the rest have me stumped.ReplyDelete
Great list, I didn't know most of them. Thanks for stopping by my list.ReplyDelete
Wow ,very interesting.. I had to read most of the comments so I'll have at least an idea of what these phrases mean. I knew BLT,sunnyside up , and pigs in blanket!ReplyDelete
Thanks for dropping by my T13 about the Statue of Liberty.
What a fun list--now I'm hungry!ReplyDelete
Wow, how fun, I'm afraid I only know a few of them, but reading the other comments helped me figure out a few.ReplyDelete
I'm lookin for those pigs....
Thanks for stopping by!
Great TT idea! I have no clue about all that and can not wait to see your answer!ReplyDelete
Thanks for dropping by my blog. Nice to meet you. :)
2. Evening soup made from day's leftovers
3. Poached eggs on toast
4. Western omlet
5. Small Order of pancakes
6. Bacon/Lettuce/Tomato sandwich
7. Hot Dog (with cole slaw?)
8. Vanilla Milkshake
9. Kitchen is out of a menu item
10. Fried Eggs yoke up, unflipped
11. Hotdog in roll
12. Add ice cream
Haha, great idea for a list, but I'm not even going to try! I would have to copy the ones above me, because I don't have a clue!ReplyDelete
Thanks for visiting my detectives TT.
What a great idea for a TT - I barely knew half of themReplyDelete
This is such a great idea for a TT. I don't have a clue - but see that you've posted the answers in your newest post.ReplyDelete
Thanks for visting my site. Looking forward to next Thursday, XINE