(in somewhat chronological order)
No super duper quiz this week, but you can try to guess 4 mystery jobs I've had based on a typical statement or question I might say while working this job. No googling! lol
1. Mow de lawn (that's French for 'cut the grass')
2. Washed dishes, pots, and pans at my dad's restaurant
3. CLUE: "Do they want white or wheat with those eggs?"
4. Mopped floors and bussed tables at my dad's restaurant
5. CLUE: "Do you want white or wheat with your eggs?"
6. Maintenance and counselor at our Christian camp
7. CLUE: "Hey, no running on the deck!" (still at camp)
8. Did #7 again in college while on the swim team (clue!)
9. Plumber's helper - got to clean toilets and pipe fittings
10. Banquet server at a country club during seminary
11. Night security at the seminary (that's when I studied!)
12. Pastoral intern at a church during seminary
13. CLUE: "Please turn in your Bibles to . . ."
UPDATE - Answers:
3. Short order cook - "Do they..."
5. Waiter (Waitress?) - "Do you..."
7/8. Lifeguard - "Hey, no running..."
13. Pastor (see the progression in 10-12?) - "Turn in your bibles..." Well, now wait a minute. That actually sounds like a KGB officer: "Turn in your bibles immediately!" lol Hmm, and since I founded the KGB, you'll never know the truth!
Thanks for stopping by!
Accept a free ebook when you subscribe to my monthly newsletter!
Ok you were a waitress (or cook) and a lifeguard???ReplyDelete
Great list - I played too
Waitress? And Sunday School teacher??ReplyDelete
Very cute list.
Thanks for visiting my TT - I hope you'll enter a post in the Pass the Torch contest!
A waiter/server? Lifeguard? 13 toed foot model for my T13 graphic? Preacher/Deacon/Sunday school teacher?ReplyDelete
waiter, lifeguard, pastor/preacher/teacherReplyDelete
Hey, I was a nightwatchman too. I made jewelry while I did it. I also washed dishes at a nursing home in high school. Very interesting list of jobs.ReplyDelete
#7 is lifeguard!!ReplyDelete
Fun list! Happy TT!
What fun!! I just woke up, not awake enough to guess! Happy TT, thanks for visiting the ducks!ReplyDelete
umm waitress??? Super TT! have a great weekend!ReplyDelete
Server (formerly waitress), lifeguard and reverend? Mow de lawn cracked me up!ReplyDelete
My list is up!
I did jobs, too...not as cute as you though.ReplyDelete
Didn't know you were a pastor...guess I need to read more than your TT:-)
And tht plumber thing...gag gag gag...when I see some of the stuff that they deal with, I am totally grossed out.
I'm guessing .... #3- ChefReplyDelete
#5 - waiter
#7 - no clue
#13 - teacher/instructor
I know I'm all wrong, but I played!
Nice list. Come see mine.
You need a vacation. I'm sure of it!ReplyDelete
Waiter, Waiter, Counselor, Teacher...ReplyDelete
My TT is up
Great list.....being married to a former camp counselor and life guard, I'll also say you were once a lifeguard......and if you've been to seminary you are probably a pastor (sorry I've not had a chance to look over your blog) or a counselor? Dishwasher and waitress?ReplyDelete
waiter, cook, counselor, pastor?ReplyDelete
anyway, thanks for visiting!
Great list you have there.ReplyDelete
My TT13 is up too.