- The Old Man and the Void by Karina Fabian (SF, 2020). Karina is an indie writer of some wonderful SF/space opera.
- Starship Gilead: Relics of Utopia by John Graves (mil-sf) This is an arc soon to be released by Aethon Books. This is the first of a trilogy written by Kevin G. Summers under the Graves pen name.
- Perry's Planet by Jack C. Haldeman II (Star Trek, 1980). Part of Bantam Books early tie-in novels. This is #13 in the series, I believe, and so far so good.
- Jewel in the Skull by Michael Moorcock (fantasy, 1967). This is the first Dorian Hawkmoon novel in a series of 7 books, I think. It's not bad.
- The Prestige by Christopher Priest (steampunk/magical realism, 1995). Saw the movie back when it came out in 2006, starring Christian Bale, Hugh Jackman, and Scarlett Johansson. Very good. The novel is quite different. Borrowed the audio file from our local library, but didn't finish it, so when I tried to renew, they'd removed it from their selection! So now I'm 1/3 of the way in and am stuck. My library doesn't have the e-book either. Debating if I want to buy it! lol
Deadlock by Stephen Hudler (superhero, 2021). Indie writer and comic book collector, Hudler is working on a a series of superhero novels, book 2 coming out soon. Read my review of book 1 on Goodreads. I'm looking forward to the next one.
Bridgerton - The Duke and I by Julia Quinn (season one and book one review here on my blog). I only read half of the book, btw.
On my TBR pile...
Genesis - Holy War, Book 1 by Rick Partlow (mil-SF, 2021). I've read a few books by Parlow, and have especially enjoyed his Drop Trooper series. So this is another series in that universe which should be good. Has over 1500 ratings, not bad for an indie writer.
Also, I want to finish the 6 book "So You Want to be a Billionaire" series by Elizabeth Maddrey. I've read the first 3 and have enjoyed them so far. Next up is: So You Have My Secret Baby. Sounds scandalous! But really, it's just good Christian romance with some excellent relational tension.
Well, that's a wrap. What are you reading? And what's on your TBR list? Thanks for dropping by!